Friday, October 30, 2020

Success for my Online Exhibition "Two Rivers"

 Success for my Online Exhibition "Two Rivers"

Man in Black Cap, dry point etching, hand printed

I am really pleased that all the hard work for my Online Exhibition, "Two Rivers" has paid off.  The gallery of works represents two years of joy, printmaking and creating a series of large oil paintings of the waterways and banks of the Humber region. As a result I have not only been awarded an MA in Creative Practice, but also achieved a distinction.

I like to think that my practice stirs up enthusiasm in the viewer for the individual and atmospheric landscape of our area. We are fortunate to be surrounded by a rich sea-going and  industrial heritage on both banks of the Humber. Since Roman times, the area has been an important location for settlements, industry and commerce. Evidence of ancient bridges, locks and industrial architecture lines the navigational routes. The lives people forged are etched in the landscape and it is that connection which I seek to capture.

I continue my journey in printmaking and painting and hope that you will travel with me, looking at my website and blog along the way.

Drypool, January Morning






No comments:

Post a Comment