Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Beverley Art Gallery Open Exhibition 2022

 Beverley Art Gallery Open Exhibition 2022


"Pals", etching with aquatint

I am pleased to say that my etching "Pals" has been selected for the Beverley Art Gallery Open Exhibition, 24th September 2022 to 7th January 2023.

I was inspired to make the print after looking at some vintage black and white photographs of Hull online. 

The photo reminded me of two old mates meeting up in a pub for a quick pint and a chat. The photographer is unknown, but I think that it may have been taken in the 1950s or 60s. Perhaps they worked on the docks? Their faces are full of character, and they probably had a hard life. The scene will be typical of the interior of a pub in that era and gives an essence of life at that time.

The exhibition is well worth a visit with lots of paintings and prints in all kinds of media.





No comments:

Post a Comment