Sunday, January 5, 2020

New Works: Portfolio - Painting (2)

Creating my own Exhibition (1): Background and Starting Point

Introduction

Over the previous eighteen months I have been developing my practice with a view to producing an exhibition of my work in August this year.

I  built up my knowledge and skills in preparation for creating a successful exhibition in four key areas:

- continuing to compete and exhibit in local and regional galleries as part of large-scale exhibitions

- visiting regional and national exhibitions and galleries

- interviewing practising visual artists and curators

- holding an exhibition/small show of my works at Hull College (May, 2019) and at a Symposium (January, 2020)

This was the starting point for my early ideas, discussions and visits in preparation for the Exhibition.

Participation in Local and Regional Exhibitions

Nunnington Hall
Burton Constable Hall
Hull Fishing Heritage Exhibition
North Lincolnshire Open Exhibition, the Ropewalk, Barton
Ferens Art Gallery
Beverley Art Gallery


What I learned

Visits to Exhibitions and Galleries

What I learned

Interviews and Discussions with Practising Artists and Curators

What I learned

My own Exhibition/Small Show

What I learned

Conclusions and Next Steps

No comments:

Post a Comment