Monday, January 6, 2020

New Works: Portfolio - Printmaking (1)

New Works: Portfolio - Printmaking (1)

PRINTS: COLOUR
Introduction
The print making side of my practice continues to be consolidated. I have restricted my output mainly to etchings, which makes the most of my drawing skills and interest in tonal qualities.
However, as well as etchings, I have also made some interesting screen prints, exploring the use of colour.
Works and process
Etchings
Etching Press and one of my prints, Hull College
 
Horkstow Bridge



Experiment: inking up the metal plate direct with different coloured inks, black and raw umber - I rubbed too much of the ink off in parts during the process, and I learned from this.
 
Horkstow Bridge
Experiment: etching printed onto pre-prepared water colour (see below)


Experiment: brighter, more “Fauvist” colours

The pre-prepared water colour under-painting - I tried to follow the composition of the print with colour
 
 Humber Estuary: “Hide” - Initial etching (line - prior to tone being added with the aquatint process)
 
“Hide” etching with aquatint, monochrome, black/brown
 
“Hide”, with water colour under-painting (process as above)
 
I then went on to experiment using colour in the screen printing process.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment