Saturday, May 20, 2023

Untalkative, Out of Reach

 Untalkative, Out of Reach

Untalkative, Out of Reach, oil on canvas, 76cm x 101cm

I was inspired to paint this scene after a visit  to Cayton Bay on the East Yorkshire Coast on a sunny January day. I was walking along the beach with my daughter and her friend taking a video of the sea washing up against the shore when the friend stepped in front of me. The sun created a huge shadow of her figure which intrigued me and I kept filming. I have painted the above image at the moment she stops and looks ahead to the view before her of the vast sea and Scarborough in the distance. I wanted to catch that fleeting moment.

The solitary figure gazes into the horizon. What are her thoughts? The image creates an air of mystery.

I also made pencil sketches of the stunning scenery:












No comments:

Post a Comment