Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Meet the Artist: Afternoon Session 1

 Meet the Artist: Afternoon Session 1


I invited friends and family, fellow artists, tutors and printmakers, including representatives of the Feral Art School, Hull Print Collective, Ropewalk Print Workshop, and colleagues from East Riding Artists to a Reception at my Exhibition at 3pm in the Stables Gallery. It was an excellent turnout and had a friendly, informal atmosphere. I got lots of good feedback on my work and discussed my practice from a variety of angles. They were very interested in all sides of my practice. I spoke about the theme of the show, my approach to landscape, the relationship between the man-made and the natural, and my techniques. The guests also debated amongst themselves about art, my paintings, the locations depicted, and working methods. It was good that they enjoyed seeing the works as a collection and in real life, rather than online. 






























No comments:

Post a Comment