Saturday, June 3, 2023

Meet the Artist: Morning Session 1

 Meet the Artist: Morning Session 1



The paintings attracted people of all generations

Chatting with viewers and answering their questions.

They were enthusiastic about the theme of the show, individual exhibits, and inquisitive about locations and techniques. They were keen to look at the sketches on the table, my blog and the works on paper.





People visiting the exhibition showed much interest in the works on display and were keen to make comments in the Visitors’ Book.



I chatted to Barbara (above) about the East Yorkshire landscape She had just moved back to the area from Sussex and was pleased to be back "home" where she loved her new rural retreat.

Barbara: "How good to walk along the Humber and to know where you are! and that next week you could get your feet wet".


Matthew Harrison told me that he is a HGV driver and is interested in the connection between industry and the natural landscape. He showed me a number of his own photographs of places he had been to and made recommendations of sites for me to visit.

Matthew: "Stunning I drive the country in an HGV so I observe the relationship between industry and landscape. this exhibition totally awesome."






No comments:

Post a Comment